Hiring Organization / Company: Chugach Government Solutions
Basic Salary: To Be Discussed
Employement Type: Full-Time
With over 25 years of experience, Chugach Government Solutions (CGS) is a seasoned government contractor, providing a wide span of services to our federal customers. Our subsidiaries specialize in a wide variety of services to include, facility maintenance, IT/technical services, construction and education. We set the standard for first-class business services in the global market, and we remain to make a difference for our shareholders.
CGS is the federal division of Chugach Alaska Corporation (Chugach), one of the twelve (12) original Alaska Native Regional Corporations formed under the Alaska Native Claims Settlement Act of 1971. Chugach is privately held by Alaska Natives, our shareholders, and its stock is not publicly traded.
As a preferred employer in our industry, we offer a competitive compensation and benefits package, professional growth opportunities, and more!
The incumbent reads meter and record consumption of electricity, gas, water, or steam.
Essential Duties Job Functions
- Reads electric, gas, water, or steam consumption meters and enter data in route books or hand-held computers.
- Walks or drives vehicles along established routes to take readings of meter dials.
- Uploads into office computers all information collected on hand-held computers during meter rounds, or returns route books or hand-held computers to business offices so that data can be compiled.
- Verifies readings in cases where consumption appears to be abnormal, and record possible reasons for fluctuations.
- Inspects meters for unauthorized connections, defects, and damage such as broken seals.
- Performs other related work as assigned.
- Timely and cost effective performance of duties.
- Harmoniously working with other employees and customers.
- Working with the Project Principals to fully coordinate all activities.
- Effectively coordinate a number of projects simultaneously.
- Demonstrated ability to work well under pressure.
- Effective written and oral communication skills.
- Demonstrating initiative and problem-solving skills.
- Contributing to the successful completion of project initiatives.
Knowledge, Skills, Experience
- High School diploma or equivalent
- Two (2) years of relevant work experience.
- Intermediate skill in the use of Microsoft Office, and database programs.
- Valid state Driver’s License with acceptable driving record pertinent to the position.
- Ability to successfully pass any background checks and/or drug testing required on the contract.
- U.S. Citizenship.
CGS is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, sex, religion, gender identity, sexual orientation, national origin, disability, or protected veteran status, or other characteristics protected by law. Hiring preference will be given to Chugach shareholders, their spouses and descendants, Alaska Natives and American Indians in accordance with Public Law 93-638.
SAN DIEGO, CA
Job Location Information:
City: San Diego
Location: San Diego, Ca
Share this job on:
Top 10 Tips When Finding a Job
If that you’re not kidding approximately in search of Jobs, you will agree that it is among the toughest jobs at the present time. In most cases, you will don’t have any clue where or what to look for within the job market. The great thing is that you are not on your own. There are a couple of people available in the market who are jobless such as you. Finding a job even in a business center can be simple if you realize the place to start out. Before you start your job looking procedure, listed here are guidelines that can assist you in finding your dream job.
1. Job Centers
Job companies are an unbelievable and often overpassed hots pot for locating Jobs. Job firms commonly supply important training, assets, and systems for job seekers. These firms can be particularly useful for young job seekers or those with little working enjoy. A easy Internet experiment for job firms in your areaought to uncover where and the way to get to them.
2. Temporal agencies
Many companies make a choice to have their positions dispatched by temporal companies. The tip function for that may be to save money on representative benefits like healthcare. Temporally businesses likewise provide firms the way of screening applicants. Employment services and products can repeatedly be a quicker and no more daunting job than finding direct employment. An employment company would possibly likewise turn into into a long lasting job for the individuals who carry out neatly throughout their working.
3. Free job look services
This can be a waste of money when money is now tight in the first place. In fact, the money you pay for job searching web sites is imposed deductible in case you are on a job. It’s smarter to use the money to pay for bills.
4. Look at the nearby school
When finding a job, never forget your school. Some schools additionally have coordinate contract positions, so check with them can be useful in finding a new career. If you talk with your teachers, they will be on the lookout for positions that match your training and experience. Some schools may need you to go to their offices for an informal interview. Here you can step through an examination on their PC. You’ll talk with a recruiter to examine exactly what you want.
Newspapers are often an overlooked apparatus for finding Jobs. Smaller businesses still use newspapers as their method when looking for Job applicants. Most newspapers will have their job listings online too. Some may ask the companies to have the listings online. There could be listings in the paper that don’t appear online.
6. Foot hunts
If that you are tired by ineffective attempts at finding a job using one of the above methods, getting out and looking for employers will yield better results. Showing up in person often demonstrates determination and initiative that most employers will find alluring in a potential representative.
7. Online Forums
Joining online forums is another good way of finding your new job. Here you will get companies that are ready to hire you and work with you. Make sure that you join as many online job finding as possible. Ensure that you describe your profile well so that your employers can know who you are.
8. Look at corporate websites
Most corporate websites are good places that can give a job. Look for websites and companies which you would love work with. On the careers page find out if there an open vacancy which matches your expertise. You can also send an email to the HR and ask for consideration.
9. Ask friends
Friends are the best at finding jobs. Before you go out, call all your friends and ask if they have any job connections that match your skills. In most cases, the job search connection will be wide and at last, you will land on one vacancy.
10. Make application regularly
Never be tired of applying. Make sure that you keep on applying for the new jobs that are posted every day. Avoid mentioning that you have done ten applications so far.
When finding a Job, don’t waste time on applications that are complicated for a job you don’t know if you want. Don’t open positions that are not exactly what you want. Tap on them thinking that it may be an approach to get your foot in the entryway.